For Ear Sake is not a music blog that illegally shares albums, but an outlet geared toward supporting artists. You will get a full sense of what moves me musically through the albums reviewed, videos, and other miscellaneous music topics. For Ear Sake was created to shine a light on different genres, and educate individuals on the importance of supporting the artists we listen to. With an open mind and heart for music, not only will this be an adventure, but the perfect source for inspiration, and a journey for you and I respectively. "And through the production of music, we inspire beauty; a gift crafted perfectly with the lessons of life and the fantasy of our futures."

Monday, July 11, 2011


Seal - Seal II (1994)
Genres: Pop, Soul

Remember that one album your parents used to listen to in the car? Or can you remember having that one CD you never let your friends know you listened to because you figured no one else knew about it? This was one of those albums for me. Growing up in the 90's, I was exposed to alot of exceptional music by my parents without even realizing it. I've technically been listening to Seal since he dropped his first studio album back in 1991. While some tracks from his first two albums sound a bit dated, I'd say a good 90% of the rest of his music is timeless. His voice is amazing; quite possibly one of the best male vocalist to live. Most of our generation and beyond have yet to hear Seal's music, despite the fact that he still makes music to this day. A majority of those who have heard of him mostly know him as "the guy that did the Batman song."

Seal was actually Seal's second self titled album, and is widely know as Seal II to avoid confusion. It was released in 1994 and received a Grammy nomination for album of the year. This album features the well known hit "Kiss from a Rose" as well as 10 other great tracks. This album is a very easy listen, great for long drives with the top down. If you're looking for a easy listen, this one is for you.

Other albums by Seal that I particularly enjoy are Seal (Seal I), and Human Beings, and I definitely recommend you check those two out, especially if you like this one. Enjoy a sample entitled "If I Could" featuring Joni Mitchell. This album can be purchased by digital download from iTunes by clicking here or by vinyl here.


Seal - If I Could feat. Joni

2 comments:

court cobain said...

As popular as Seal is, I never took the time out to give his music a real listen. Of course I've heard him on the radio, or on the Batman soundtrack like so many other people, but that's about it.

You opened my eyes to Seal. Not only is he a great artist, but his album covers are wicked!

tekneiq said...

indeed. Seal is a sick artist, and i'm proud to share his music amongst good people.