For Ear Sake is not a music blog that illegally shares albums, but an outlet geared toward supporting artists. You will get a full sense of what moves me musically through the albums reviewed, videos, and other miscellaneous music topics. For Ear Sake was created to shine a light on different genres, and educate individuals on the importance of supporting the artists we listen to. With an open mind and heart for music, not only will this be an adventure, but the perfect source for inspiration, and a journey for you and I respectively. "And through the production of music, we inspire beauty; a gift crafted perfectly with the lessons of life and the fantasy of our futures."

Friday, June 17, 2011


Thelma & Clyde - White Line (2010)
Genres: Art Pop, Electronic

Thelma & Clyde are an Electronica duo that hails from Norway. Their grim yet stimulating sound easily sets them apart from their counterparts. The vocalist Hanne Kolstø blissfully floats atop the dusk production created by Trygve Tambs (along side producing duo Jan Bang and Erik Honoré), and their skill for perfectly complementing tenor tones with alto is indisputable. White Line is their debut album, and stumbling upon it was the best thing I've done in some time.

"There wasn't enough time. I never got to show what I'm about. Still, I'm not allowed to grow; even when I'm all worn out." (lyrics from "Wicker"). Some of the lyrics on White Line remarkably hit close to home. This isn't an album to listen to while multitasking. This is an album you listen to while secluding yourself from the rest of the world. There's so many elements that can easily be missed if your full attention isn't given. I find myself listening to songs like "Wicker" when people on my side of the world are either asleep, or too concerned with their own insomnia. The last song on the album "Wicker" is definitely a personal highlight of their album; the song expresses the difficulties of being overlooked in such a tranquil manner.

White Line isn't limited to only dark moments. Songs like "Crosscheck", "Chess", and "Hibernation" illuminate through the gloominess of the album. Thelma & Clyde's debut album White Line is recommended to individuals that take pleasure in dark vocal Electronica. The album can be found for purchase via iTunes (here), so be sure to support the artists by purchasing the album if you like what you hear. Moreover, I've included the track "Wicker" below for anyone looking for a sample to indulge in. Enjoy!


Thelma and Clyde - Wicker

2 comments:

VJ said...

love their composition. song is dope! can't wait to dig deeper into their music.

court cobain said...

That song caused me to dig deeper, and I'm happy I did. They're a good duo.

They actually read this review, and a lot of their fans now check out the blog periodically, so that's always good. I hope their fans are open to all of the other wild stuff that will be posted here in the next few weeks.