For Ear Sake is not a music blog that illegally shares albums, but an outlet geared toward supporting artists. You will get a full sense of what moves me musically through the albums reviewed, videos, and other miscellaneous music topics. For Ear Sake was created to shine a light on different genres, and educate individuals on the importance of supporting the artists we listen to. With an open mind and heart for music, not only will this be an adventure, but the perfect source for inspiration, and a journey for you and I respectively. "And through the production of music, we inspire beauty; a gift crafted perfectly with the lessons of life and the fantasy of our futures."

Friday, September 2, 2011


The Go Find - Everybody Knows It's
Gonna Happen Only Not Tonight (2010)
Genres: Indie, Leftfield, Pop

The Go Find is a band from Berlin, and the album Everybody Knows It's Gonna Happen Only Not Tonight is their third release. I'm not a huge Indie fan, so I didn't know what to expect at first. But after hearing the opening title track which features saxophone sounds provided by Andrew Claes, I was sold. Not only am I a sucker for saxophones, but I'm also a sucker for music with good vibes, and this release contains both. This album is satisfying. With eleven tracks that span for about 38 minutes, how could one want more?

Everybody Knows It's Gonna Happen Only Not Tonight reminds me of a perfectly baked pie. The opening title track (the top crust) sets the tone for the following tracks, the songs in between the opening track and the last track (the filling) keeps the good vibes rolling, and the last track (the bottom crust) leaves you wanting more. Besides the first song, "Neighbourhood", "Just A Common Love", and "Heart of Gold" are my personal favorites from the album.
Elegant vocals, and easygoing production is what one can expect from this release.

I recommend this album to anyone that enjoys Indie music. The digital version of the album can be found on iTunes (click here), and Anost has both CD and Vinyl copies in stock (click here). I've also included the song "Heart of Gold" below, so please support this album if you like what you hear!


The Go Find - Heart of Gold

2 comments:

vstar* said...

this 'heart of gold' song is something special. i like it. going to check out the album, thanks!

court cobain said...

Yeah, I can't get enough of that track. I had it on repeat for most of last night.