For Ear Sake is not a music blog that illegally shares albums, but an outlet geared toward supporting artists. You will get a full sense of what moves me musically through the albums reviewed, videos, and other miscellaneous music topics. For Ear Sake was created to shine a light on different genres, and educate individuals on the importance of supporting the artists we listen to. With an open mind and heart for music, not only will this be an adventure, but the perfect source for inspiration, and a journey for you and I respectively. "And through the production of music, we inspire beauty; a gift crafted perfectly with the lessons of life and the fantasy of our futures."

Tuesday, August 30, 2011



Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5 (1969)
Genres: Funk, Soul

The end of August will always belong to Michael Jackson, and this fabulous debut album by The Jackson 5 is a perfect way to not only celebrate the life of the late legend, but to also say farewell to Summer. Almost everyone knows of this album, so an in depth review on it's greatness isn't necessary. However, I'd be doing this album an injustice if I didn't slightly elaborate on my love for it, so here we go…

Despite the album's 1969 release, it's rare to find a person that doesn't still enjoy it as much as they did when they first heard it. It's apparent that this debut album is eternal. You know you have a timeless album on your hands when you can hear a track like, "I Want You Back" countless times within your life, and never grow tired of it. This album reminds me of the simplicity of being a child, and the warm feelings I get around the holidays, or a Sunday dinner full of comfort food. This album is an all-around good experience from start to finish. To top it off, the best part of the album is hearing how Soulful the Jacksons were at such a young age. Tracks like "Nobody", "My Cherie Amour", and "Who's Loving You" are all perfect examples of how soulfully funky things get within this release.

I highly doubt I have to recommend this album to anyone, but if I did, I'd recommend it to everyone. Due to the album's popularity and success, it isn't hard to find copies for purchase. As always, Discogs has copies available on vinyl (click here), Amazon has the CD version available for a higher price (click here), and the digital album can be purchased through iTunes (click here). Lastly, I've included a video of live footage of The Jackson 5 performing "Cane You Remember" below. Enjoy!

No comments: